I’M NEW / CAREERS
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
PART-TIME | 15-20hrs/wk | $17-$20/hr
Position: Director of Children and Family Ministries (DCFM)
- Plan, lead, and facilitate a comprehensive Christian education program that provides a basis for biblical and theological enrichment for children ages infant through fifth grade
- Recruit, supervise, equip, and support paid staff and volunteers for Sunday morning programs and other roles and responsibilities to facilitate, strengthen, and grow the ministry.
- Meet regularly and work closely with the Children and Family Ministries Elder, Committee, and Pastor.
- Provide pastoral care to children and their families as needed (i.e., births, deaths, crisis, including conflict resolution, birthdays, and extended absences).
- Teach two to three Sundays a month. It is expected that the DCM attends worship at least one Sunday a month, both for the benefit of personal worship and the opportunity to connect with parents and other adults in the congregation.
- Gather and maintain resources/supplies/curriculum related to all events, classes, and children’s ministries spaces.
- Plan and publish a calendar of events as well as other events as need arises or opportunity allows (e.g., family fellowship events, parent’s night outs, movie outings, etc.)
- Assist with establishing and maintaining the Children and Family Ministry’s budget.
- Create, implement, and monitor a safety plan to include (but are not limited to): check-in and out procedures for all events with children, safety exit plans, background checks, parent and emergency information, volunteer training, and infant/child CPR classes.
- Publicize program events to the congregation and community through creating program flyers, writing an article in the church’s monthly newsletter, and ensuring the maintenance of the Children and Family Ministry’s web page.
- Accountability: Director of Children and Family’s Ministry works directly with the Pastor as head of staff in conjunction with the Children and Family’s Ministry elder.
- Hours and Salary: 15-20 hours per week at $17-$20.00 per hour
- Benefits: There are no insurance or retirement plan benefits. A two-week vacation (e.g. 40 hours), which can be up to 5 Sundays off
- Performance Reviews: the initial review will be completed at 90 days and thereafter on an annual basis in concert with the salary review by the Personnel Committee with the Pastor and approved by Session.
- A background check must be conducted and passed.
- Employment with First Presbyterian Church is at will and may be terminated by either party with two weeks’ notice (termination for cause will not require notice).
APPLY FOR THE POSITION
Please provide your name, a phone number, and an email address by which we can contact you. Also, please upload a copy of your cover letter and resume.